The Court of Appeal says life-sustaining treatment for Archie Battersbee should stop.
The Court of Appeal refused to postpone the withdrawal of life-sustaining treatment beyond 12:00 on Tuesday.His care had been due to end at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, at 14:00 BST on Monday.
Doctors treating him believe he is brain stem dead and have consistently argued it is in his best interest for life support to end.Sir Andrew said: "Every day he continues to be given life-sustaining treatment is contrary to his best interests, so a stay, even for a short time is against his best interests."
In a statement, Ms Dance said she continued to be "shocked and traumatised by the brutality of the UK courts and the hospital trust". But his mother believes he is making progress and that standard tests for brain death were not carried out.
Belgique Dernières Nouvelles, Belgique Actualités
Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.
Archie Battersbee: Government seeks urgent High Court reviewIt comes as Archie Battersbee's parents share the hospital's plan to withdraw his life support.
Lire la suite »
Archie Battersbee: New court hearing set as boy's family fight to keep life support goingA court hearing will take place this morning amid a legal battle over whether to withdraw life support treatment for 12-year-old Archie Battersby. His mother Hollie Dance says the last few months have been 'an emotional rollercoaster'. 📺 Sky 501
Lire la suite »
Mum of Archie Battersbee urges Health Sec to 'act immediately' to keep her son aliveThe mum of brain-damaged Archie Battersbee has written an urgent appeal to the Government to keep her son alive on life support.
Lire la suite »
Archie Battersbee: Government backs UN bid to stop boy's life support treatment being endedBREAKING: The government's legal advisers have asked the High Court to 'urgently consider' a request by the UN to stop life support treatment being ended for 12-year-old Archie Battersbee. 📺 Sky 501, Virgin 602, Freeview 233 and YouTube
Lire la suite »
Archie Battersbee set to have treatment withdrawn on Monday after life support battleBarts Health NHS Trust, which is treating the 12-year-old, said in a letter to his parents that 'no supplemental oxygen will be given' after the endotracheal tube of the mechanical ventilator is removed. Archie has relied on the machine to breathe since being admitted to hospital.
Lire la suite »
Archie Battersbee: Last-minute hearing to be held over treatmentThe Court of Appeal is set to consider a request to keep treating the 12-year-old while the UN examines the case.
Lire la suite »