Darwen's new music venue that's hitting a sour note with residents

Belgique Nouvelles Nouvelles

Darwen's new music venue that's hitting a sour note with residents
Belgique Dernières Nouvelles,Belgique Actualités
  • 📰 LiveLancs
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 43 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 21%
  • Publisher: 87%

Darwen's new music venue and events space hitting a sour note with residents

A new town centre live music venue is set to get a temporary planning permission despite 19 objections over the noise and disturbance it may cause. Grant Mizon want to turn the empty basement of a large mill building in Borough Road, Darwen into an entertainment hub.

Mr Mizon’s application for the basement will be discussed by Blackburn with Darwen Council’s planning committee on Thursday night. Councillors are recommended to grant a temporary permission for 12 months to assess its impact in terms of noise and disturbance.The objections include one from Darwen West ward’s Cllr Brian Taylor which says: “I am concerned about the noise potential and disturbance for the residents of Borough Road.

Gary Mitchell of Punstock Road, Darwen’s objection says: “The noise from the venue is going to cause sound disturbance especially at weekends. There are enough music venues in town.” “At the end of the 12 months, the use would cease until and unless a new grant of planning permission. Although the application does not explicitly propose a temporary permission, one is agreed in principle with the applicant.

Nous avons résumé cette actualité afin que vous puissiez la lire rapidement. Si l'actualité vous intéresse, vous pouvez lire le texte intégral ici. Lire la suite:

LiveLancs /  🏆 10. in UK

Belgique Dernières Nouvelles, Belgique Actualités

Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.

Blackburn's £1.6m drive to help the homeless this winterBlackburn's £1.6m drive to help the homeless this winterTwo people were noted to be sleeping rough in Blackburn and Darwen this winter after a period of three days with no one on the streets
Lire la suite »

No permission for Blakey Moor Terrace demolition work already completedNo permission for Blakey Moor Terrace demolition work already completedBlackburn with Darwen Borough Council's planning committee has been urged to approve the backdated permission to demolish half of Blakey Moor Terrace
Lire la suite »

Mistletoe poisonous warning after council suggests residents use it on presentsMistletoe poisonous warning after council suggests residents use it on presentsA Christmas leaflet from Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council suggests using mistletoe as present decoration despite it being poisonous
Lire la suite »

Belfast cafe grows team in new venue after 'devastating' fireBelfast cafe grows team in new venue after 'devastating' fireA Belfast cafe that was devastated by a fire earlier this year has been able to start again from the ground up in a new location
Lire la suite »

Sheffield Fargate Container Park location to be reviewedSheffield Fargate Container Park location to be reviewedThe venue in Sheffield was beset by problems during the build and installation phase.
Lire la suite »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 05:16:06