Former Tory leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith says he feared for wife after traffic cone 'slammed' on his head

Belgique Nouvelles Nouvelles

Former Tory leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith says he feared for wife after traffic cone 'slammed' on his head
Belgique Dernières Nouvelles,Belgique Actualités
  • 📰 SkyNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 35 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 67%

Sir Iain said he felt the protesters were 'peculiarly threatening' and said he was particularly concerned for the safety of his wife and her friend

"This, I felt, was threatening, it's as simple as that. I think they set out to be threatening."Sir Iain told the court:"It was threatening, it was abusive and my wife and her friend felt that particularly."

The MP was giving evidence at the trial of Elliot Bovill, 32, of no fixed address, who denies common assault. Bovill is on trial with Radical Haslam, 28, from Salford, and Ruth Wood, 52, from Cambridge, who both deny using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

The court was shown CCTV footage of the moment the cone was put on Sir Iain's head as the party crossed a small road."I got three-quarters of the way across and I felt this blow on the back of my head and neck.Sir Iain said he took the cone off his head and turned round.Sir Iain said:"It had been smacked down on my head quite hard.

Nous avons résumé cette actualité afin que vous puissiez la lire rapidement. Si l'actualité vous intéresse, vous pouvez lire le texte intégral ici. Lire la suite:

SkyNews /  🏆 35. in UK

Belgique Dernières Nouvelles, Belgique Actualités

Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.

Iain Duncan Smith 'feared for wife' after traffic cone was slammed on his head at Tory conference, court hearsIain Duncan Smith 'feared for wife' after traffic cone was slammed on his head at Tory conference, court hearsSir Iain Duncan Smith feared for the safety of his wife when they were accosted by protesters wielding a traffic cone in the street, he told a court on Monday.
Lire la suite »

Sir Rod Stewart turned down $1,000,000 to play in Qatar last yearSir Rod Stewart turned down $1,000,000 to play in Qatar last yearSir Rod Stewart has revealed he previously turned down a hefty paycheque to perform in Qatar.
Lire la suite »

Ronaldo slams Rooney criticism and reveals what Sir Alex really thinks about Man United - Football365Ronaldo slams Rooney criticism and reveals what Sir Alex really thinks about Man United - Football365Football365 - Cristiano Ronaldo has told Piers Morgan he has been 'betrayed' by Man United and has slammed criticism from Wayne Rooney.
Lire la suite »

Sir Rod Stewart turned down almost £1million to perform in QatarSir Rod Stewart turned down almost £1million to perform in QatarThe rocker has also warned any homosexual football fans to be wary if they're travelling over for the World Cup
Lire la suite »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 06:19:27