French president Macron backs push for F1 return

Belgique Nouvelles Nouvelles

French president Macron backs push for F1 return
Belgique Dernières Nouvelles,Belgique Actualités
  • 📰 Motorsport
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 41 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 20%
  • Publisher: 86%

French President Emmanuel Macron is keen on F1 returning to the country in the future. The French GP dropped off the calendar after last season.

The French GP returned to Circuit Paul Ricard in 2018 after a long absence, but its contract was not renewed after the 2022 event, and it fell off this year’s schedule.

Macron wrote:"Be sure that I fully share your ambition. Indeed, as you point out, our country must be able, like the other major international sporting events it organises every year, to reconnect with F1, for the pleasure of all. Macron’s backing is significant, as current Paul Ricard boss Jean Alesi believes that the venue’s disappearance from the calendar was hastened by a lack of political support.

“Since then, it’s never happened. The problem is not with the circuit; the problem is the wish of the country. My other job is a F1 Ambassador, so my link to F1 is direct – with no bullshit – and they are very clear about that.” "There is no question of paying an advance of 5 million when there are potential irregularities,” EELV [ecology] MP Fabrice Decoupigny told Nice-Matin.

Nous avons résumé cette actualité afin que vous puissiez la lire rapidement. Si l'actualité vous intéresse, vous pouvez lire le texte intégral ici. Lire la suite:

Motorsport /  🏆 11. in UK

Belgique Dernières Nouvelles, Belgique Actualités

Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.

Macron backs push for return of French GPMacron backs push for return of French GPFrench President Emmanuel Macron has indicated that he wants Formula 1 to return to his country \u2013 with a street race in Nice a possible candidate.
Lire la suite »

French police have 'no clue' what has happened to toddler missing since SaturdayFrench police have 'no clue' what has happened to toddler missing since SaturdayFrench police searching for a two-year-old boy who went missing from his grandparents' garden in the French Alps on Saturday have said they still have no clues as to what has happened to him
Lire la suite »

French police admit they have 'no clues' in search for missing two-year-oldFrench police admit they have 'no clues' in search for missing two-year-oldPolice have admitted they are no closer to finding two-year-old Émile, who went missing from his grandparents’ garden in France on Saturday.
Lire la suite »

Heatwave Forces French Nuclear Power Plants To Curb Output | OilPrice.comHeatwave Forces French Nuclear Power Plants To Curb Output | OilPrice.comThe heatwave in Europe is expected to halve the output of the Bugey and Saint Alban nuclear plants in France from July 13 to 16 due to environmental regulations on using river water for reactor cooling.
Lire la suite »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 04:32:12