Lucy Letby: Retired nursing chief says she didn't have enough information to remove baby killer from unit

Belgique Nouvelles Nouvelles

Lucy Letby: Retired nursing chief says she didn't have enough information to remove baby killer from unit
Belgique Dernières Nouvelles,Belgique Actualités
  • 📰 SkyNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 41 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 20%
  • Publisher: 67%

Karen Rees was the head of nursing in the hospital's urgent care division when concerns were raised about Letby.

A former nursing chief who was accused of refusing to remove Lucy Letby from a neonatal unit despite staff concerns has said she was unable to because she"needed more information".

Karen Rees had been the head of nursing at the Countess of Chester Hospital's urgent care division before retiring in March 2018.Letby murdered seven babies and attempted to murder six othersDuring Letby's trial at Manchester Crown Court, the jury were told how the neonatal nurse tried to kill a baby by injecting him with air during a day shift on Saturday 25 June 2016.

Ms Rees has now released a statement saying she wasn't given enough information to justify removing Letby from her duties. The former nursing chief says Karen Townsend, the director of urgent care at the hospital, and Ravi Jayaram, a consultant who was the clinical lead for neonates and paediatrics, told her during a general review meeting that there were concerns about Letby's clinical practices.

Nous avons résumé cette actualité afin que vous puissiez la lire rapidement. Si l'actualité vous intéresse, vous pouvez lire le texte intégral ici. Lire la suite:

SkyNews /  🏆 35. in UK

Belgique Dernières Nouvelles, Belgique Actualités

Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.

Lucy Letby's refusal to appear in court sparks renewed calls for change to lawLucy Letby's refusal to appear in court sparks renewed calls for change to lawThe nurse is the latest high-profile killer to refuse to attend court, following the gunman who murdered Liverpool schoolgirl Olivia Pratt-Korbel. The Ministry of Justice said it is committed to changing the law to ensure offenders face the consequences.
Lire la suite »

Lucy Letby: Killer nurse 'felt some sort of remorse but it wasn't enough'Lucy Letby: Killer nurse 'felt some sort of remorse but it wasn't enough'Dr Sohom Das said the various handwritten notes found by police in Lucy Letby's house are a 'glimpse into her psyche'.
Lire la suite »

Baby killer Lucy Letby partied at hen do hours before first known murderBaby killer Lucy Letby partied at hen do hours before first known murderLucy Letby went on a pub crawl the day before she attacked and killed her first victim at the Countess of Chester Hospital.
Lire la suite »

Childhood friend of Lucy Letby insists 'bubbly' baby killer is innocentChildhood friend of Lucy Letby insists 'bubbly' baby killer is innocentShe is one of many friends who support Lucy Letby.
Lire la suite »

The eerily normal bedroom where killer Lucy Letby hid vital evidenceThe eerily normal bedroom where killer Lucy Letby hid vital evidenceLucy Letby is now the most prolific child serial killer in history and will be sentenced on Monday (August 21)
Lire la suite »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 05:16:06