An Irish government minister said there was no new evidence to merit a public inquiry in the Republic.
On Wednesday, Peter Burke, Irish Minister for European Affairs and Defence, said a number of investigations had already been carried out in Ireland into the bombing.
"The Nally Report did not have the necessary powers to fully probe all matters and therefore many aspects remain to be inquired into. Mr McBurney added: "It is essential that the Irish government must reflect urgently on how disrespectful and unsatisfactory it is to ignore the obvious need, in tandem with a statutory inquiry in Northern Ireland, to properly investigate by public inquiry all matters outstanding as elucidated in the judgment of Lord Justice Horner.
Belgique Dernières Nouvelles, Belgique Actualités
Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.
Ceremony marks Omagh bomb at moment of explosionSurvivors and the families of victims gathered in the County Tyrone town to mark the atrocity.
Lire la suite »
Omagh bomb questions can ‘only be fully answered with tandem public inquiries’A lawyer representing some of the bereaved families has called on the Irish Government to indicate it will hold an inquiry into the 1998 atrocity.
Lire la suite »
Omagh bomb questions can ‘only be fully answered with tandem public inquiries’A lawyer representing some of the bereaved families has called on the Irish Government to indicate it will hold an inquiry into the 1998 atrocity.
Lire la suite »
Woman in her 20s extradiated to Republic of Ireland to face fraud charges'Our message is clear. Northern Ireland is not a safe haven for any wanted persons trying to avoid arrest and the consequences of their previous actions.'
Lire la suite »