The Met and BBC hold a virtual meeting, but police say there is 'no investigation at this time'.
The paper also claimed the BBC presenter made what it called two "panicked calls" to the young person - who is now 20 - after the original story came out.
"The BBC first became aware of a complaint in May," it said. "New allegations were put to us on Thursday of a different nature and in addition to our own enquiries we have also been in touch with external authorities, in line with our protocols." Following the false accusations online about Campbell, the Met said on Monday that it had received a report of malicious communication on Saturday "in relation to a post on social media".
Speaking earlier on Channel 5, Vine stressed he was "completely innocent of any of this", describing social media as "just basically a massive fountain of sewage, and someone needs to put a cap on it".With stories like this one, BBC News journalists treat the BBC in the same way as any other organisation the news service reports on.
Belgique Dernières Nouvelles, Belgique Actualités
Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.
BBC failed to report allegations star presenter paid for explicit photos to police, Met reveals🔴 The BBC has failed to report allegations made against one of its star presenters to the police, theipaper can reveal
Lire la suite »
BBC has contacted police over accused presenter, but no 'formal' Met investigation yetThe BBC has only discussed the claims around the presenter alleged to have paid a teenager for explicit pictures with police but has not yet made any formal report, a senior BBC source says
Lire la suite »
Met Police 'assessing information' over BBC presenter after meeting with broadcast bossesThe Metropolitan Police Service said it is “assessing information” after meeting with BBC broadcast bosses over claims a high-profile presenter paid a teenager for explicit photos
Lire la suite »
Met Police issue statement on suspended BBC presenter scandalBREAKING: The Metropolitan Police has confirmed that ‘no investigation’ is underway at this time into the BBC scandal, where one of its stars has been accused of paying a teenager for sexual images.
Lire la suite »
Met 'assessing information' after BBC meeting over presenter claimsThe Metropolitan Police is 'assessing information' supplied by the BBC over claims a presenter paid a teenager for sexually explicit pictures.
Lire la suite »