Musician Rex Orange County has been cleared of six counts of sexual assaults after the charges against him were dropped by the Crown Prosecution Service.
The 24-year-old had pleaded not guilty to the charges and was released on unconditional bail ahead of a planned trial which had due to take place in January.
However with weeks to go until the trial was set to begin, all charges against O’Connor have been dropped, with the CPP citing a lack of evidence. Announcing the news on Twitter, O’Connor said in a statement that the CPP ‘reviewed the evidence and decided that there is no merit in this case going to trial.’He went on: ‘I have always denied these allegations and am grateful that the independent evidence has cleared me of any wrongdoing. I have never assaulted anyone and I do not condone violence or abusive behaviour of any kind.’
The Sunflower singer said he wanted to ‘clarify’ what he had been accused of, having been unable to speak about it previously and stating there were ‘inaccuracies’ being circulated. He claimed he had been ‘wrongly accused of touching someone one evening on their leg, neck, back and bottom. That led to six charges of sexual assault.’
Belgique Dernières Nouvelles, Belgique Actualités
Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.
Singer Rex Orange County cleared of sex assault claims after charges droppedSINGER Rex Orange County has been cleared of sex assault claims after all charges were dropped against him. The musician, real name Alexander O’Connor, was accused of targeting a woman in a t…
Lire la suite »
Stacey Solomon admits Christmas 'dread' in moving video amid heartbreaking firstThe Sort Your Life Out presenter shared the admission alongside video of her youngest son, Rex
Lire la suite »
County health and care leaders declare critical incidentHealth and care leaders in the county have declared a critical incident as services face extreme pressure due to demand. Shropshire
Lire la suite »
Strabane bomb attack: Man accused of trying to kill police refused bailCharlie Love is accused of the attempted murder of two police officers in Strabane, County Tyrone.
Lire la suite »
Hospital's urgent treatment centre has busiest ever dayThe trust warned members of the public to use the right services for their needs
Lire la suite »
Man Charged in 1994 Attleboro Rape Held Without BailA 48-year-old man accused in a violent 1994 rape case out of Attleboro, Massachusetts, was ordered held without bail Monday following an appearance in Fall River Superior Court, the Bristol County District Attorney’s Office announced. This is the latest cold case rape arrest Bristol County prosecutors have announced, as authorities in Massachusetts work to get through a backlog of sexual…
Lire la suite »