The family said they were being treated unfairly after evidence from a police officer was postponed.
Members of Sheku Bayoh's family staged a walkout at the public inquiry into his death, over the postponement of evidence from a police officer.
The 31-year-old was unarmed when officers found him but a violent confrontation followed. He died after being restrained on the ground by six officers, including Mr Paton.The questioning of Mr Paton had been taped in a closed hearing for medical reasons. He said he needed to consider this and decided to postpone the playing of the evidence until a later date.Lord Bracadale said: "I acknowledge that the late change may cause inconvenience to members of the public who wanted to watch the evidence, but sometimes changes do have to be made at short notice."
Ms Johnson said: "We are so upset. We came here today to hear his evidence. We feel he has special treatment over everybody else, and we are asking, why is that?
Belgique Dernières Nouvelles, Belgique Actualités
Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.
Matt Hancock's half hour of infamy contributes to his political downfallFor those of us worried that the former health secretary's TV career may be over after a stint in the jungle, the Covid public inquiry starts its evidence sessions in spring 2023
Lire la suite »
Yorkshire dog training instructor, 58, is hit and killed by a car while walking his dogWest Yorkshire Police have named a 58-year-old man who has died after he was hit by a car while out walking his dog.
Lire la suite »
Huddersfield family's tribute to dog-walking man killed by carDavid New, who was struck by a car in Huddersfield on 3 December, was 'much loved', his family says.
Lire la suite »
'Long walk back to Leeds' for men stopped by police on M1Police posted a photo from the scene, alongside a caption describing the incident on Thursday, December 8. 'No insurance and a long walk back to Leeds!', police said in a tweet.
Lire la suite »
Abattoir workers convicted for 'house of horror' double murderPolice have said the investigation has been 'highly distressing', especially for the victims' families who have had to 'endure the terrible ordeal of hearing how their loved ones were murdered'.
Lire la suite »
Idaho murders: Police release victims' belongings to grieving familiesPolice say the belongings are no longer needed in the ongoing investigation into the four deaths.
Lire la suite »