A 17-year-old Canadian has been questioned by police in Japan after he carved his name into a wooden pillar at an 8th-century temple
A Canadian teenager has been questioned in Japan after he carved his name into a wooden pillar at an 8th-century temple.
Police said the incident took place in the Toshodaiji Kondo temple last week, which is in the city of Nara. Speaking to CNN, officers said:"On the pillars to the side, the boy carved 'Julian' on a wooden pillar about 170cm above the ground with his nail." The 17-year-old has been questioned on suspicion of violating the cultural properties protection law in Japan.According to The Mainichi, a newspaper in Japan, a letter"J" was found 4cm long and 5cm wide - and the name"Julian" was 2.5cm long and 10cm wide on the pillar.
A Japanese tourist reportedly saw the new inscriptions being made and initially intervened, before alerting staff at the temple.
Belgique Dernières Nouvelles, Belgique Actualités
Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.
Family 'overwhelmed with sadness' at death of teenager in Greek holiday tragedyThe heartbroken family of 19-year-old Ryan Bennet need £10,000 to bring his body back to Scotland so he can be laid to rest after a horror quad bike crash abroad killed him.
Lire la suite »
Teenager 'embarrassed' after being turned away from McDonald's without having IDA teenager says she was left 'embarrassed and upset' when McDonald's doorstaff stopped her and a friend from getting a post-cinema meal because they didn't have ID
Lire la suite »
Everything we know so far about BBC presenter accused of paying a teenager for explicit imagesUrgent talks have been scheduled between the BBC’s director and the culture secretary following accusations against a prominent male presenter ⬇️ This is everything we know so far
Lire la suite »
BBC suspends presenter accused of paying a teenager for explicit photos, but doesn't name themThe corporation said a complaint was made in May but 'new allegations were put to us on Thursday of a different nature'
Lire la suite »
The BBC Suspends Presenter Over Claims He Paid A Teenager For Explicit PhotosSenior British politicians are calling on the BBC to rapidly investigate claims that a presenter paid a teenager for explicit photos.
Lire la suite »
24 Hours in A&E doctor faces race against time to save teenagerDr Philip Dykes opens up on his treatment on 24 Hours in A&E
Lire la suite »