WTCR wants Lynk & Co back for 2023 after sudden pullout

Belgique Nouvelles Nouvelles

WTCR wants Lynk & Co back for 2023 after sudden pullout
Belgique Dernières Nouvelles,Belgique Actualités
  • 📰 Motorsport
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 55 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 25%
  • Publisher: 86%

WTCR boss wants the Lync & Co team to return to the series next year following its decision to withdraw from the remainder of the 2022 campaign due to tyre safety fears.

Speaking at the French round at l’Anneau du Rhin this weekend, WTCR director Jean-Baptiste Ley was conciliatory towards the reigning champion team after it pulled the plug this week on the rest of its 2022 campaign.

“Cyan has been part of the championship for many years, they have brought a lot to the championship. We need to respect that. “Also we have already started to work on the 2023 season with a proper calendar, moving back to the expected standard from WTCR, with a wide range of events on a worldwide basis, with also some improvements and new concepts in the format of the championship to attract more competitors and move back to the normal WTCR level, with numerous cars on the grid and proper events.”

“We received a request in our technical department from [Cyan] that it was OK to have this 20kg reduction for all cars, but their request was also to have a change in BoP for their car, to have a reduction from another 30kg,” he said. “Probably with time we could make a better evaluation for 30kg and probably 50kg, working on the power of the engine. But you can imagine that is not something to request for today or tomorrow.”Photo by: WTCR

Earlier this week, Goodyear released a statement on its findings following the failures at the Italian circuit.

Nous avons résumé cette actualité afin que vous puissiez la lire rapidement. Si l'actualité vous intéresse, vous pouvez lire le texte intégral ici. Lire la suite:

Motorsport /  🏆 11. in UK

Belgique Dernières Nouvelles, Belgique Actualités

Similar News:Vous pouvez également lire des articles d'actualité similaires à celui-ci que nous avons collectés auprès d'autres sources d'information.

Bain & Co considers legal action against UK government over state contract ban\n\t\t\tKeep abreast of significant corporate, financial and political developments around the world.\n\t\t\tStay informed and spot emerging risks and opportunities with independent global reporting, expert\n\t\t\tcommentary and analysis you can trust.\n\t\t
Lire la suite »

Co Down man creates group for dads to support each otherCo Down man creates group for dads to support each otherThey go on outings every Sunday morning
Lire la suite »

Co Antrim man's tribute to dad who died after brave cancer battleCo Antrim man's tribute to dad who died after brave cancer battle'He just lived every day for other people.'
Lire la suite »

Adam Collard's night out with Love Island co-star amid Paige 'split' rumoursAdam Collard's night out with Love Island co-star amid Paige 'split' rumoursLove Island star Adam Collard was spotted enjoying a boozy night out with his former co-star Wes Nelson as he returned to the Uk following the end of this year's series
Lire la suite »

Co Tyrone road closed after lorry collides with buildingCo Tyrone road closed after lorry collides with buildingDrivers are asked to avoid the area
Lire la suite »

China to cut ties with US on climate co-operation after Pelosi's Taiwan visitChina to cut ties with US on climate co-operation after Pelosi's Taiwan visitCHINA says it is cutting ties with the US on key issues including crucial climate co-operation that led to the international 2015 Paris Agreement. It comes after US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s vis…
Lire la suite »



Render Time: 2025-04-07 00:14:39